CituNQ – Investment Property in Manchester of United Kingdom
Located in the absolute heart of the UK’s most dynamic city, CituNQ is a new, high-quality residential development designed by IDP, one of Manchester’s leading architects and developed by Factory Estates, one of Manchester’s most active developers.
The development comprises of 183 units over 8 storeys with ground floor commercial units, communal facilities and a rooftop garden.
Just one minute walk from Market Street, Manchester’s main shopping street yet located within Manchester’s hip Northen Quarter, the development is in an unrivalled location within the city – rental demand will be exceptionally high.
Manchester, the second city of the UK and the centre of the economic “Northern Powerhouse”, is a thriving cosmopolitan city built upon an
Manchester’s rise to be a world-leading, modern economy has seen Oxford economists predict that employment growth in the city over the next five years will exceed many international capitals including Paris, Berlin and Tokyo.
Significant investment is being made across Greater Manchester into all sectors of the economy. Significant infrastructure spending will make Manchester one of Europe’s best-integrated cities with seamless transport solutions for its citizens.
An additional £7 billion of investment was announced to build the Northern Powerhouse. Key aims for the budget will be to better connect the
core cities of the North by investing £6 billion.
Manchester has the largest UK office market outside of London and has seen TWICE the investment of nearest regional rivals Liverpool and Leeds.
High Connectivity and Transportation Network
- 5-minute walk to Piccadilly Gardens & Arndale Shopping Centre
- 10-minute walk to Piccadilly Station to connect to London
- 10-minute walk to Victoria Station
- 10-minute walk to Chinatown of Manchester
- 1 hour to London via future High Speed-2 train
- At your door step to Free Metro shuttle Bus services to all rail station (Piccadilly,
Victoria, Deangate & Oxford Station)
Why Invest in CituNq?
- Manchester Airport provides flights to over 220 destinations, more than any other
airport in UK
- HSBC named Manchester UK #1 Buy-To-Let Hotspot
- Manchester is the 2nd largest economy beside London Second largest Chinatown in the UK
- Home to 80 of the FTSE 100 (top 100 companies listed on UK Stock Exchange)
- Manchester is the “Best UK City to Live” according to Economist 2013, 2014 &2015
- Famous for 2 world-class football clubs Manchester United & Manchester City
- Largest student population in Europe with over 400,000 students in 22 Universities
- Est. 135,000 growth in population by 2023Est. 100,000 new job opportunities
- Shortage in Housing supply
• Mains smoke detectors
• Low voltage LED lighting throughout
• Secure video door entry system
• Contemporary high gloss white units
• Quartz worktop and upstands
• Integrated Zanussi oven and electric hob
• Fully integrated fridge/freezer and slimline dishwasher
• Integrated washer dryer
• Full porcelain tiling to bathrooms and ensuites
• Contemporary white Duravit sanitaryware
• Grohe chrome taps and fittings
• Heated chrome towel rail
Site Plan & Unit Plan
Prime Rental Market
A structural shift in the UK property market away from the tradition of buying over renting has now resulted in owner occupied property falling to its lowest ever percentage of the total UK property market.
The young professionals of “Generation Rent” are happy to spend an average 15 years of their life in rental property. It is predicted by 2032 that more than half of UK homes will be rentals. Across Greater Manchester, the largest age band growth identified in the 2011 Census was in the 20-24 age band, which increased by 41,400 (25%). The 25-29 age band also witnessed a significant increase of just fewer than 30,000. This sector of the population creates demand for new lifestyle choices that offer access to City Centre employment and amenities, transport networks in well-managed accommodation built for that purpose.
Manchester has a younger age profile than is found nationally This is most notable in Manchester where more than 50% of the
population is under 30.
Manchester is once again leading the way in innovation being the centre of the UK’s rental revolution. There has been more investment in to the Private Rental Sector (“PRS”) in Manchester from institutional & professional investors than any other city. With the city’s thriving economy and bustling universities, Manchester attracts and retains a growing number of highly educated and affluent residents.
Population Growth in Manchester
The Government Department for Communities has produced a study suggesting that Greater Manchester requires a further 10,000 homes to be built per year for the next 10 years to meet supply.
Manchester is home to two of the UK’s five largest universities. A further two to make a total of four institutions that attract over 100,000 students – one of the largest populations in Europe. A massive 70,000 of these students do not have access to dedicated student beds, resulting in the highest rental growth potential in properties located in close proximity to the universities.
About Northern Quarter
Salboy, Ltd is a privately owned equity investment company, backed by Betfred-owner, Fred Done. They provide funding for experienced property developers and investors and will consider proposals for all types of commercial and residential property within mainland UK.
Salboy Ltd are currently investing hugely in the regeneration of Manchester in the light of the Northern Powerhouse initiative.
Current investments include:
• 2 St Peter’s Square, Manchester
• Trinity Way, Salford
• Astley Point, Wigan
• Townhouses, Stanley Road, Walkden
Factory Estates comprises of personnel with a wealth of experience within the construction and development industry working on projects from inception and feasibility to construction and completion.
The team includes Architects, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Master-planners, Developers, Estate Agents, Project Managers and Cost Consultants.
They are able to work with landowners to create value on sites or find exit routes for landowners looking for capital receipts on their land.
Factory Estates are backed by large national design & development firms who also provide financial input and specialist advice on Factory Estate projects.
Key Personnel includes:
Chris Bowman – Managing Director
John Haynes – Development Director
Naushad Islam – Design & Technical Director
Over the last two years, the team have successfully completed
two office to residential conversion schemes; Box Apartments
in Stockport and Trident in Sale, Manchester.
Factory Estates are currently developing a surface car park
on Great Ancoats St, into 119 PRS apartments and have
numerous other city developments in the pipeline.